Foreign visitors should pay more than local visitors for cultural and historical attractions. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (Study Sample)
It is sometimes argued that tourists from overseas should be charged more than local residents to visit important sites and monuments. I completely disagree with this idea.
The argument in favour of higher prices for foreign tourists would be that cultural or historical attractions often depend on state subsidies to keep them going, which means that the resident population already pays money to these sites through the tax system. However, I believe this to be a very shortsighted view. Foreign tourists contribute to the economy of the host country with the money they spend on a wide range of...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- Popular events like the football World Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way 83
- The graph shows the proportion of energy that was produced from coal in four European countries from 1995 to 2010 80
- News editor decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspaper. What factors do you think influence these decisions? Do we become used to bad News? Would it better if more good news was reported.(Re-write) -Syerapke- 67
- A growing number of people feel that animals should not be exploited by people and that they should have the same rights as humans, while others argue that humans must employ animals to satisfy their various needs, including uses for food and research.Dis 80
- The graph below given information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030. 55
Sentence: The governments and inhabitants of every country should be happy to subsidise important tourist sites and encourage people from the rest of the world to visit them.
Error: subsidise Suggestion: subsidize
Sentence: If travellers realised that they would have to pay more to visit historical and cultural attractions in a particular nation, they would perhaps decide not to go to that country on holiday.
Error: realised Suggestion: No alternate word
No. of Words: 269 350
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 7.0 out of 9
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 2 2
No. of Sentences: 11 15
No. of Words: 269 350
No. of Characters: 1355 1500
No. of Different Words: 154 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.05 4.7
Average Word Length: 5.037 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.737 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 99 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 77 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 53 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 33 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 24.455 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 9.717 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.364 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.357 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.584 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.088 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5