The graph below shows the number of university graduates in Canada from 1992 to 2006 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The graph below shows the number of university graduates in Canada from 1992 to 2006.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

The given line chart illustrates the proportion of graduate students in universities in Canada in a 14-year period.

Overall, it is clear that there was an increasing in the number of female and male graduates. In addition, the figure for women was always higher than that for men throughout the given period.

It can be seen from the chart that, at the beginning of the period, over 100,000 women were studying at Canadian universities. This figure was roughly 30,000 than the quantity of men. Afterwards, both figures witnessed similar trends, in which they increased marginally by 6,000 before falling almost to the starting points by the end of 1998. Over the next 8 years, the number of female graduates rose significantly and reached its peak at nearly 150,000 at the end of the period. Similarly, the proportion of men soared to below 100,000 after experiencing a slight fluctuation between 1998 and 2001.