Essay topics: You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
The chart below shows the number of men and women in further education in Britain in three periods and whether they were studying full-time or part-time.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words.
The bar charts provide the information about number of men and women in tertiary education in Britain in three different periods from 1970/71 to 1990/91 and also show the data pertaining to full time and part time enrolment for further study. Overall, it can be observed that the number of men and women opting for full time study gradually increased in the given period whereas the choice of women in part time education was seen gradually increasing in contrast to the choice of men which did not follow any particular discernible pattern.
During the period 1970/71, men outnumbered women in part-time education (1,000,000 men versus about 700,000 women). By the time of 1990/91, this trend was reversed. In 1990/91, the number of women participating in part-time study was significantly higher than men (1,100,000 women versus 900,000 men). The selection of part-time education by women went up steadily in all the periods, i.e. in 1970/71, in 1980/81, and in 1990/91 (700,000, more than 850,000, and 1,100,000 consecutively).
With respect to full-time education among males, marginal increment in numbers could be seen after each decade. In case of female students, the rate of rise in number of full-time students was much more striking in 1980/81, and 1990/91 in comparison to 1970/71.
- You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Crime rates tend to be higher in cities than in smaller towns. Explain some possible reasons for this problem and suggest some solutions.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant example from your (56)
- You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.In some countries, governments are encouraging people to use their cars less and to take public transport instead. Do the advantages of this trend outweigh the disadvantages?Give reasons for your answer and i (78)
- You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Many children these days have an unhealthy lifestyle. Both schools and parents are equally responsible for solving this problem.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?Give reasons for you (61)
- WRITING TASK 1 – General Writing IELTSYou should spend about 20 minutes on this task. A friend has agreed to look after your house and pet while you are on holiday. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter•give contact details for when you are aw (78)
- Essay topics: IELTS General Writing - Writing Task IYou have a new job and can no longer attend your regular English class.Write a letter to the English school. In your letter:- describe the situation- explain the problem- say what you would like to happe (56)
- Question Type 1Directions: Give yourself 3 minutes to read the passage.Reading Time: 3 minutesIn the United States, employees typically work five days a week for eight hours each day. However, many employees want to work a four-day week and are willing to (80)
- TOEFL Independent Writing Task - IIQuestion: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?People benefit more from traveling in their own country than from traveling to foreign countries.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. B (73)
- IELTS General Training - Writing Task IYou have seen an advertisement for an evening course to study a foreign language. Write a letter to the institution offering the course. In your letter ask for details of the course, ask if the course teachers are qu (87)
- IELTS General Writing - Writing Task IYou saw an advert asking for volunteers to run a charity event:1. Explain why you are interested in helping2. give details suitable past experience3. suggest ways you might help with the eventWrite at least 150 words. (81)
- Letter of Advice - IELTS Writing Task - I, General TestA friend has written to you asking for advice about a problem at work. You have had a similar problem in the past. Write a reply to your friend. In your letter: tell your friend you understand the pro (78)