Essay topics: You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
The chart below shows the number of men and women in further education in Britain in three periods and whether they were studying full-time or part-time.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words.
The bar charts provide the information about number of men and women in tertiary education in Britain in three different periods from 1970/71 to 1990/91 and also show the data pertaining to full time and part time enrolment for further study. Overall, it can be observed that the number of men and women opting for full time study gradually increased in the given period whereas the choice of women in part time education was seen gradually increasing in contrast to the choice of men which did not follow any particular discernible pattern.
During the period 1970/71, men outnumbered women in part-time education (1,000,000 men versus about 700,000 women). By the time of 1990/91, this trend was reversed. In 1990/91, the number of women participating in part-time study was significantly higher than men (1,100,000 women versus 900,000 men). The selection of part-time education by women went up steadily in all the periods, i.e. in 1970/71, in 1980/81, and in 1990/91 (700,000, more than 850,000, and 1,100,000 consecutively).
With respect to full-time education among males, marginal increment in numbers could be seen after each decade. In case of female students, the rate of rise in number of full-time students was much more striking in 1980/81, and 1990/91 in comparison to 1970/71.
- These days, many people actively support or promote a good cause, whether a worldwide concern, such as animal welfare or environmental awareness, or a local cause, such as the care of their local children’s play area, or the cleaning up of graffiti in t (64)
- These days, many people actively support or promote a good cause, whether a worldwide concern, such as animal welfare or environmental awareness, or a local cause, such as the care of their local children’s play area, or the cleaning up of graffiti in t (30.5)
- You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.As most people spend a major part of their adult life at work, job satisfaction is an important element of individual well-being. What factors contribute to job satisfaction? How realistic is the expectation (73)
- You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Some people think that history as a subject at school is not useful and should be replaced with a more practical subject. Why do you think it is important to learn about history? What would be the effect if c (73)
- You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Some people say children use technology too much these days. Others believe that using technology now will help them in the future. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.Give reasons for your answer (73)
- You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Crime rates tend to be higher in cities than in smaller towns. Explain some possible reasons for this problem and suggest some solutions.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant example from your (68)
- You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.In some countries, governments are encouraging people to use their cars less and to take public transport instead. Do the advantages of this trend outweigh the disadvantages?Give reasons for your answer and i (78)
- You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Many children these days have an unhealthy lifestyle. Both schools and parents are equally responsible for solving this problem.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?Give reasons for you (61)
- WRITING TASK 1 – General Writing IELTSYou should spend about 20 minutes on this task. A friend has agreed to look after your house and pet while you are on holiday. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter•give contact details for when you are aw (78)
- Essay topics: IELTS General Writing - Writing Task IYou have a new job and can no longer attend your regular English class.Write a letter to the English school. In your letter:- describe the situation- explain the problem- say what you would like to happe (56)