In many countries, the amount of crime is increasing.
What do you think are the main causes of crime?
How can we deal with those causes?
Throughout the course of history, committing crime has always been disturbing humans' tranquility. Presently, in many nations, committing offence is on the rise and should be taken seriously. Overall, this essay accounts for reasons behind criminal activities along with some remedial steps to resolve this problem.
Multifarious causes have lain behind illegal actions. To begin with, the main culprit which sparks turning to crime is pertinent to the class differences. To illustrate, in some countries, there is a huge gap among the income of people, and some people are affluent and live in the lap of luxury, while some have enormous financial troubles and have to work for peanuts. As a result, the underprivileged turn to crime because "desperate situations call for desperate measures". For instance, a young who lives with his indigent parents envies his peers who have been born with a silver spoon in their mouths and have luxurious possessions, and as the last resort, he may turn to crime to make a fortune. Hence, class differences could bring about criminal actions.
Laying emphasis on the reasons, sometimes people are not aware of the appropriate way by which they can have a successful life. For instance, juvenile delinquency is rooted in the lack of consultation. To be more specific, in some cases, pedagogues and parents do not have mutual understanding with adolescents, and in turn, they fail to establish a camaraderie with the young. Therefore, the young cannot be guided and cultivated properly and sometimes they turn to criminal activities on account of the lack of skills and awareness.
To lessen the crime rate and address this problem, many proactive measures could be taken. Initially, conducting some sessions in terms of uplifting the consciousness of the youngsters could decrease the number of young offenders. Apart from that, imposing harsh sentences on felons and offenders could put a damper on the proclivity of people for committing crime. Consequently, taking some decisive steps could mitigate and curb the high crime rate.
To recapitulate, although criminal actions are on the increase, this fiasco could be alleviated by executing ingenious plans.
- Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? 73
- At present the media affects people’s lives significantly. What impact does this have on the society? Is it a negative or a positive development? 70
- The charts below show what UK graduate and postgraduate students who did not go into full time work did after leaving college in 2008 Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant 65
- In some countries the average wight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing. What do you think are the causes for these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them. 80
- Some people believe that unpaid community service should be compulsory part of high school programs (for example working for a charity, improving the neighborhood or teaching sports to younger children).To what extent do you agree or disagree? 70
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 7.0 out of 9
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 18 15
No. of Words: 349 350
No. of Characters: 1797 1500
No. of Different Words: 190 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.322 4.7
Average Word Length: 5.149 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.772 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 130 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 99 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 77 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 52 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 19.389 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 9.238 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.556 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.297 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.539 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.048 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5