College students should be encouraged to pursue subjects that interest them rather than the courses that seem most likely to lead to jobs Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain y

College students should be encouraged to pursue subjects that interest them rather than the courses that seem most likely to lead to jobs.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

Studies show that students who pursue a degree or get enrolled in courses of their preference tend to perform better than those who feel obligated to take the lesson. This leads to a belief that undergraduate students should be motivated to pursue the subject of their interest rather than what puts food on the table. Personally, I agree with this idea. However I believe there are certain conditions to be satisfied in order for this argument to be advantageous not only for the individual student, but for the society as a whole.
Ikigai – loosely translated as “reason for being” – is a state when an individual’s activity is fulfilling four criterions: satisfaction, usefulness, wealth and expertise. The statement presented clearly encourages to choose satisfaction before wealth without taking into account the other variables.
Let us assume that the goal of this suggestion is to burgeon the level of happiness and delight in college students’ lives and, hypothetically, first scenario involves Student A who wants to become a doctor, who has been at the top of her class, who was an assistant to her Chemistry teacher and who cares for others’ ailments. In this case, to suggest to pursue the field of her interest would be apposite, due to high demand for skilled doctors everywhere, her own joy of the profession and the potential that she could become said skilled doctor.
In the second scenario, however, Student A has a passion for dancing, however male members of his family is predetermined to be lawyers. To blindly suggest that he should pursue dancing would be fallacious. He might not be as good at dancing as it takes to dance professionally. Or he might not be fortunate enough to get the chance and end up broke. For professionals of artistic nature, failure is a high probability outcome: only a few rise to stars, while the others end up with wasted youth. Therefore, before making radical decisions, it is important to evaluate the individual’s capability and talent, financial planning and the labor market of the desired profession.
On the other hand, In conclusion, to categorically agree or disagree with the recommendation above would be erroneous, since there are many factors affecting the final decision, and some instances are a bit more complicated than the others.