Should advertisements use sad or happy or both types of pictures when advertising for charity organizations

Should advertisements use sad or happy or both types of pictures when advertising for charity organizations?

I think using both types of images will be the most effective method. First, the usage of sad images can touch people's emotions and evoke attention and support for charitable causes. To be specific, commercials of people who have incurable or hard-to-cured diseases can reflect the plight of people who are under the torment of illness and their desire for a healthy life and can inspire support for the welfare and rehabilitation treatment of people with disabilities since people will pity them. Second, happy pictures can inspire people's optimism and hope by showcasing the positive impact and changes brought about by charitable activities, thereby encouraging more people to participate in charitable activities. For example, displaying images of beneficiaries' recovery or happiness can allow people to see the actual effects of charitable work, thereby increasing trust and support for charitable organizations. In a nutshell, utilizing both types of pictures is the best way to promote people participating in charity organizations.