Mid Autumn festival

Mid-Autumn festival

Besides Tet, Mid- Autumn festival is the one of most important and famous in Asia, including Vietnam. This festival is often celebrated in 15th, August of lunar calendar and last for only one day. Long times ago, this is congratulations for full harvest. Although the short time but there are many activities in Mid-Autumn festival. During this occasion, the moon is full.Streets and buildings are decorated with lanterns, colorful lights, flowers,...Flowers, Moon cake are sold every corner of the street. In my country, Soc Trang, there is a speciality cake: Pia cake. Many schools organize a meeting to give a present to poor kids. Mid- Autumn festival is also a day for children, they hold the lantern going along street or play folk game, some chidren are taken by their parents to see the lion dance. Some favourite character such as lady moon, the man in the moon with banyan tree, moon rabbit,... are disguised by actors . About adults, they pray for a peaceful year with a moon worshiping. Old man usually eats moon cake, drinks tea and enjoys the moonlight. In my opinion, Mid-Autumn festival is special because it's time for family reunion after long time no see.