The following appeared as part of an article in a Dillton newspaper."In an effort to bring new jobs to Dillton and stimulate the city's flagging economy, Dillton's city council voted last year to lower the city's corporate tax rate by 15 percent; at the s

The following appeared as part of an article in a Dillton newspaper.

"In an effort to bring new jobs to Dillton and stimulate the city's flagging economy, Dillton's city council voted last year to lower the city's corporate tax rate by 15 percent; at the same time, the city began offering generous relocation grants to any company that would move to Dillton. Since these changes went into effect, two new factories have opened in Dillton. Although the two factories employ more than 1,000 people, the unemployment rate in Dillton remains unchanged. The only clear explanation for this is that the new factories are staffed with out-of-town workers rather than Dillton residents."

Write a response in which you discuss one or more alternative explanations that could rival the proposed explanation and explain how your explanation(s) can plausibly account for the facts presented in the argument.

Dilton city is facing two major problems such as unemployment of Dilton residents and waning of its economy so that city council is voted last year to reduce the city’s corporate tax rate by 15 percent. Moreover that city is offering permission to relocate any company to Dilton region. Two new factories are opened there after with more than thousand employees. But the status of unemployment has little effects so that here it is argued that the unemployment reason is due to the appointment of out-of-town workers rather than Dilton residents.

Lowering the city’s corporate tax never improve financial condition of Dilton’s economy since corporate will face a deficit of revenue. Here the term “generous relocation grants” means companies are freely offered to relocate into Dilton. If a new company is reestablished in a new area, there will be a complete alternation of business environment which in turn affects the overall management of reestablished business firm in Dilton area. Different areas having different business strategies and the present employees have to be well trained from top to bottom with respect to the changing business environment. Here itself this argument is flawed.

Moreover that permission to relocate the company will not change unemployment status of Dilton residents because of the fact that the relocation of a company means relocation of everything such as its employees, machineries, utensils etc. So that it will not give a new scope for the employment of Dilton residents. However the new location makes a great difficulty for the already employed people, not the residents of Dilton to work over there so that most of them might have resigned their job due to inconveniences.

In addition to that newly opened two companies in Dilton area employed more than thousand people. With respect to my calculations just as I mentioned before, only company relocation has taken place with already occupying employees other than Dilton residents. So that it will never ameliorate the unemployment condition of Dilton’s residents. However due to the resignation of pre-existing employees may lead to the employment of Dilton’s residents.

Finally, it is cogent that the above argument of the unemployment in Dilton’s residents is not because of the reasons of out-town worker’s introduction. Dilton residents are either lazy or not interested to work even though there is a chance of employment through newly opened two companies. So that with respect to the above reasons their argument is flawed.