"The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company. "According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in a

"The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company. "According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any other year. And yet the percentage of positive reviews by movie reviewers about specific Super Screen movies actually increased during the past year. Clearly, the contents of these reviews are not reaching enough of our prospective viewers. Thus, the problem lies not with the quality of our movies but with the public's lack of awareness that movies of good quality are available. Super Screen should therefore allocate a greater share of its budget next year to reaching the public through advertising."

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The given argument is about the viewership of the Super screen produced movies.It states that fewer people attended the superscreen produced movies last year than in any other year.It further states that the positive reviews received by certain specific superscreen movies actually increased during the past year.Further it concludes that the reviews are not reaching its audience and hence asks to allocate a greater share of its budget to advertising in order to reach its audience.The given argument has a number of logical fallacies and unexplained assumptions.The fallacies along with the lack of evidence cause the arguent to fail dramatically.

Firstly ,it states that the percentage of positive reviews about specific superscreen movies increased during the past year.Therein lies that first fallacy.The argument assumes that all the reviews are actually reliable and show the proper picture.Maybe the audience gave positive reviews but did not actually like the movie.Maybe the people whose reviews were taken hold unorthodox opinions and represent a small portion of the movie-goers and do not show the complete picture.Also the argument states that only specific movies got positive reviews.So it is possible that the production produced 1 or 2 good movies which received good reviews but rest of the movies were not upto the standard.By providing more evidence to prove the authenticty of these reviews and by getting rid of the assumption on which the reviews are based ,the argument can be made stronger.

Secondly,it states that the contents of these reviews are not reaching enough of the prospective viewers.However is this a huge assumption with both cause and effect being assumptions.The argument nowhere provides evidence to support the claim that the reviews are not reaching its prospective viewers.Thus the cause of the argument is an assumption. Similarly, even if the good reviews reach the viewers it does not mean that they will go to watch the movie.Most of the people may not rely upon such reviews to decide whether they go for a movie.By providing more evidence to prove that the reviews are not reaching the prospective viewers and that if the reviews reach the viewers the people will go to watch the movies,this argumet can be made stronger.

Finally the argument concludes that the problem is not with the quality of the movies but with the lack of awareness and hence call for increased share of budget for advertsing next year.The entire conclusion is one big assumption that does not have any evidence to support its claim.The argument nowhere cites evidence to prove that there is no awareness of the reviwes of the movie.Maybe the people are aware of the reviwes but do not care about the reviews.Also there is no evidence to prove that the quality of movies is actually good and even if it is good,it does not mean it will attract viewers.Hence the claim that for allocating more budget for advertising is based on faulty reasoning.There is no evidence to prove that more advertising will lead to more people wanting to watch the Super scrren produced movies.By providing evidence to support the claim that the people lack awarenes of the good quality movies and by proving that increased advertsing will lead to increased people watching the movies,the argument can be made stronger.

Thus the argument is based on a number of assumption and has a number of logical fallacies.The assumption that the positive reviwes are authentic,the assumption taht people lack awareness of good movies ,the assumption that the problem is not with the quality coupled with the faulty claim that increased advertising will lead to increased number of movie viewers,render the argument feckless.By providing more evidence to support its claims and by getting rid of the fallacies ,the argument can be made stronger.