An international development organization, in response to a vitamin A deficiency amongpeople in the impoverished nation of Tagus, has engineered a new breed of millet high in vitamin A.While seeds for this new type of millet cost more, farmers will be pai

An international development organization, in response to a vitamin A deficiency among
people in the impoverished nation of Tagus, has engineered a new breed of millet high in vitamin A.While seeds for this new type of millet cost more, farmers will be paid subsidies for farming the new variety of millet. Since millet is already a staple food in Tagus, people will readily adopt the new variety. To combat vitamin A deficiency, the government of Tagus should do everything it can to promote this new type of millet.

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered to decide whether the recommendation is likely to have the predicted result. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The international organization's new breed of millet may be a good source of vitamin A for the nation of Tagus, but it cannot be given to the public at first without going to various tests and answering various questions.

Firstly, It is mentioned that the impoverished nation of Tagus are deficient in vitamin A, but the other mineral and vitamin deficiencies of the nation are not mention. If any other deficiencies are found, then a food which solves all such deficiencies must be used.

Secondly, it is said that International development organization has created a new breed of millet which is high in Vitamin A, while it does not mention the amount of vitamins present in the food.It is seen that if there is excess of vitamins in food , it also brings about various other problems and diseases in the person who eats such foods.These can be seen as carbohydrates and fats are needed by the body but if taken in excess leads to obesity unless they are kept in control by burning those fats and carbohydrates through exercises.

Thirdly, when such new breeds are introduced,sometimes these new breeds may not grow in the certain types of lands and may not grow in certain regions and climates. So, the answer to these questions if they will suit the region of Tagus must be taken into consideration.

Fourth, sometimes farming some types of plants take all the nutrients from the soil , it must be taken care that this new breed is not one such plant and care must be taken to maintain the fertility of the soil as it plays the role of sustenance of the various families who rely only on farming.

Finally, it must be seen it that the final cost of the millets are affordable for the person buying them, as it is seen by the statement that the nation of Tagus is poor. If the cost of the millets in market must be sold at high prices then, it may not be as useful as it is intended to be.

The given paragraph tells us that a new engineered type of millet rich in vitamin A may be useful for the nation of Tagus which is battling deficiency of vitamin A. But the author has not reasoned out various questions and problems that are present in introducing a new type of millet and various problems that may affect the city of Tagus.