Two years ago radio station WCQP in Rockville decided to increase the number of call in advice programs that it broadcast since that time its share of the radio audience in the Rockville listening area has increased significantly Given WCQP s recent succe

Two years ago, radio station WCQP in Rockville decided to increase the number of call-in advice programs that it broadcast; since that time, its share of the radio audience in the Rockville listening area has increased significantly. Given WCQP's recent success with call-in advice programming, and citing a nationwide survey indicating that many radio listeners are quite interested in such programs, the station manager of KICK in Medway recommends that KICK include more call-in advice programs in an attempt to gain a larger audience share in its listening area.

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation

The satiation manager of station manager of KICK in Medway recommends that in an attempt to gain a larger audience, they should include more call-in advice programs like the WCQP radio station. However, the station manager supports his recommendation with three assumptions that dramatically weaken the proposal if not answered.

First of all, are the Rockville area and Medway area roughly comparable? In other words, can circumstances from one place be used to predict another area? It is possible that the Rockville area and Medway area are not similar —perhaps the Rockville area ‘s people like call-in advice programs. That does not mean Medway area’s people will also like the call-in advice program. It is also possible that the people of Medway do not listen to the radio at all. If either of these scenarios has merit, then the conclusion drawn in the original argument is significantly weakened.

Second of all, the author of the recommendation fails to provide any justifications about the nationwide survey. The author presumes the study represents everyone in the nation. However, the survey may include only ten or twenty people, and it is also possible that the study consists of the only people who like call-in advice programs. More significantly, the recommendation did not state any systematic research study representing everyone in the nation. If this case is valid, the following proposal does not hold water.

Finally, the recommendation also leaves many other unanswered questions. The author assumes there are no such radio stations in Medway; they did not include call-in advice programs. There may be many radio stations in Medway running the call-in advice programs; if it is true, the author fails to answer that the listener will not listen to the current radio station and join the KICK radio station. If either of these is true, the recommendation is not warranted, and his suggestion that KICK should start call-in advice programs is not overly persuasive.

In conclusion, as it stands now is considerably flawed due to its relation to several unwarranted assumptions; if the author can answer the three questions above and offer more evidence (perhaps in the form of a systematic research study), then it will be possible to evaluate the viability of the proposed recommendation fully.