In this age of intensive media coverage it is no longer possible for a society to regard any living man or woman as a hero Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for th

In today's world, almost every country enjoys freedom of speech and media makes use of this right to a very good extent. Media is ubiquitous and plays an important role in shaping ideas for society. The intensive research of media brings light to various issues that society may overlook and hence media is well equipped to prove that every man has a little demon inside him.

To illustrate this behavior, #MeToo movement started on Twitter revealed a lot of demons of the society who were big faces with a flawless public image.This movement was about women who have faced any kind of harassment from men. It brought down many people who were once applauded and seen as heroes down to their knees. Media played a very crucial role in providing insights on the intensive background check on people under spotlight and encouraged many women to come forward and gather the courage to speak up against any person who assaulted her in the past. The widespread response from the society for the movement proved to provide a validation for the main idea.

Another illustration is about India's famous Nirav Modi. He had a business of diamonds and opened a luxury brand by his name. He was very well received by the public, the media, the customers and the employees. But he swindled National State Banks and used corrupt ways to launder money and get loans. He was at the peak of his business when news of him using unethical ways leaked and media took over to debunk his empire. Media used Right to Information Act from the Indian Constitution to exercise all background information of his company and brought to the world the corrupt face of Nirav Modi.

To conclude, media exercises enough resources to not overlook any misdeed of a living man or woman and prove heroes of one time to common person or even worse of another time.  

Essays by the user: