The graph below shows the population figures of different types of turtles in India between 1980 and 2012 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The given line graph illustrates how many three different types of turtles lived in India over the period of 32 years. Overall, it can be clearly seen that all species fluctuated over the given period of years. In addition, Olive Ridley Turtles were far higher than that of the 2 remaining groups.
In detail, all types of turtles had the same numbers in the beginning, at 100 turtles. In the next 2 years, these figures gradually increased by around 5 turtles. However, although the total of Olive Ridley Turtles went up significantly and reached its peak of under 140 turtles, two other groups fluctuated and then decreased dramatically to nearly 95 for Green Turtles, and around 65 for Leatherback Turtles. Between 1996 and 2012, these numbers witnessed a slight fluctuation and remained almost unchanged except for Leatherback Turtles, which gradually decreased to just around 55 turtles in 2012.
Looking at the all-species pattern, the number of 3 types of turtles rose insignificantly to nearly 115 turtles in the year 1986. Over the 26 years, this figure saw a slight growth with some fluctuation, at around 105 turtles in 2012.

Essays by the user: