The graphs below show the number of men and women in full and part time employment in Australia between 1973 and 1993 Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below

The infographics reveal the information about the proportion of males and females in half-time and full-time employment in Australia over the period of 2 decades.

Overall, males were dominant in full-time employments, while maximum number of females were found in part-time employment.

In 1973, the percentage of men in full-time employment increased consistently from 59 to 81% of the age group of 15-19 years. The proportion of full-time male workers stabilised at 90% from the age group of 25-29 to 55-59 years after reaching the peak in 1973. After 2 decades a decrease of 10% was faced by the same age group workers in full-time employment. The statistics of older age group workers in full day shift had had a gradual fall in 1973 and 1993. Their female counterparts in the same shift were comparatively low as the 30% lower than male workers of teenage group in both the years. After some fluctuations, the figures in the age group of 39-45 were 40% in 1973, and after 2 decades they dropped by 10%.

A dramatic rise in part-time employment occurred for both the genders in two decades. Females in the youngest age group, who were almost 10% in 1973, increased by 3 folds in 1993. Similarly, males were 7% in 1973, and after 20 years they were 3 times higher than before. The woman workers gradually increased and reached the top (21%) in the age group of 39-45 years. In contrary, a rapid decline was faced by the opposite gender of same age group. Both males and females of oldest age group were below 10% throughout the time period.

Essays by the user: