In many parts of the world families were larger in the past because people had more children Do you think there were more advantages or disadvantages to being part of a large family in the past Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant example

In the past, families were much larger than current ones at the present, since they used to have more children than they do now. I believe that being a part of a large family is more advantageous than a smaller one, due to the fact that larger families create a more powerful and safe environment.

To begin with, it is easy to secure a safe environment in several aspects of life when you have a lot of family members. As well known previous generations were more into agriculture than any other field, thereby families at that time used its members as manpower which helped them provide an affordable living. Moreover, the diversity of roles and skills that each family member has can relieve them from seeking outside help, for instance, having a doctor in the family is much more functional when it comes to urgent accidents.

Furthermore, during the past as it is presented historically, big families are much more powerful than smaller ones. Well connected people are usually members of a great house and that can be extremely functional, especially when your connections are in a higher respectful position, for example, having someone as your relative in influential governmental position will provide you a safe and protected environment. To finish with, as the esquire English writer James Franco said, it does not matter how good you are, but how well connected you are.

In conclusion, having a large family is a blessing itself because of all the privileges that come with it such as powerful connections and a safe environment.

Essays by the user: