The bar chart below shows the percentage of Australian men and women in different age groups who did regular physical activity in 2010

The bar chart compares the proportions of men and women in Australia who exercised regularly in terms of age groups in the year 2010.

It is clear that women overall did more physical activity than men, with those between 45 and 54 being the most active. However, in men, those aged 15 to 24 did the most exercise.

In the youngest age group (15 to 24), males exercised more than females, with 52.8% and 47.7% respectively, while, in the oldest age group (65 and over), the same proportions of men and women were found to do physical activity, at roughly 46.8%

By contrast, women were more active than men in other age groups. On average, 53% of women ages 45 to 64 had regular physical activity compared to 44% of men in the same age group. Furthermore, there was an approximate 6% difference in physical activity between men and women aged 25 to 34, and 13% in those aged 35 to 44.

Essays by the user: