The bar charts show the types of holiday accommodation chosen in four British countries during 2010 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The bar charts show the types of holiday accommodation chosen in four British countries during 2010. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The given bar charts illustrate the various vacation stay options selected in four British countries in 2010; England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Overall, hotel was the most chosen holiday accommodation as compared to others in each country. The second most preferred option was self-catering in all countries, except for Northern Ireland; wherein, Caravan was the second most preferred choice.

Firstly, around 55% people from England stayed in hotel during holidays, which is almost twice the figure for Self-catering – approximately 27%. On the other hand, only around 6% and 12% people selected Caravan and camping respectively. Similarly, housing accounted for highest figure of about 52% of total accommodations in Scotland and about 5% of people chose Camping.

Secondly, the trend of hotel being the most selected and Self-catering second most preference was followed in Wales, hotel’s percentage slightly below 50 and Self-catering at around 9%. Finally, Northern Ireland was the only country where self-catering and camping were equally preferred –stood at approximately 12%.