The chart and table below give information about population figures in Japan Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The given chart and table illustrate data related to Japan's population in the past 65 years with a forecast to the 40 following years. The chart depicts the Japanese population whilst the table shows how the number and the percentage of elder people aged 65 years or over contributed to the entire population.
According to the chart, from 1950 to 2005, the Japanese population rose steadily from 84,1 to about 127,8 million people while the figures dropped slightly to 125,4 in 2015. Following this, the number of Japan's population is predicted to keep decrease sharply to 89,9 in 2055.
Turning to the table, in 1950, 4,1 million elder people were living in Japan which accounted for 4,9% of the total population. In the next 55 years, the number was reported to continue surging up to 25,7 million, attracted 20%. In the future, the number is forecasted to increase dramatically to 37,2 and to slightly dip to 36,5 million which accounts for 34% and 41% respectively in 2035 and 2055.

Essays by the user: