The chart below gives information about the most common sports played in New Zealand in 2002

The chart below gives information about the most common sports played in New Zealand in 2002.

The given bar chart illustrates the proportion of sports played by males and females in Newzealand in 2002.

It's clear that the figures for both boys and girls participating in sports were fairly equal, but their sporting preferences tend to be different, the most prevalent sport for the former was soccer while that for the latter was netball.

Regarding girls, most of them participated in netball at approximately 25% in 2002, followed by swimming and athletics with 23% and 8% respectively, which were higher than boys. In contrast, the rates of females playing cricket, and material art were significantly lower than boys, which was around 10%.

From the chart, nearly 25% of males took part in soccer, almost 5 times higher than the figure for females. However, the number of boys playing basketball and tennis was similar to girls, at nearly 10%. The data of others in males stood at 17%, 7% higher than that in females.