The chart below shows the total number of minutes in billions of telephone calls in the UK divided into three categories from 1995 2002 Summarise the information by selecting a reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The chart below shows the total number of minutes (in billions) of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002.

Summarise the information by selecting a reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The bar chart gives information about how many minutes of telephone calls were made in total in the United Kingdom, sorted by three main categories between 1995 and 2002.

Overall, it is clear that the UK used the local – fixed line the most. Another interesting point is that the figures for both national and international – fixed line and mobiles show steady growth throughout the period.

In detail, the number of minutes of local – fixed line started at the number of 70 billion. It steadily increased to hit the peak at 90 billion in 1999 before dropping each year to the same starting number at the end of the period.

On the other hand, both figures for national and international – fixed line and mobiles saw improved year by year, with national and international – fixed line going up faster. Its usage increased each year by 2 – 5 billion and reached 60 billion in 2002 from the initial figure of 38 billion. As regards mobiles, minutes spent on it was about 3 billion in 1995 and increased slightly. Until 1999, its figure experienced a boost, rising from well under 10 billion by three times in the final year.