The charts below show the proportions of British students at one university in England who were able to speak other languages in addition to English in 2000 and 2010

The pie charts depict the percentages of students at a university in Britain who could speak a variety of languages besides English in two separate years.

Overall, in both years, the largest proportion of students could speak in Spanish only while the least proportion could converse in German only. German only speakers proportion remained constant over the ten year time span.

The proportion of British students who spoke Spanish only rose from slightly under a third in 2000 to little more than a third in 2010. While the proportion of speakers who could use no other languages except english dropped by exactly a half, shrivelling from exactly a fifth to stand at 15% in 2010.

While the proportion of German only speakers stood constant at 10%, the fraction of speakers speaking two other languages increased marginally from one in ten students in 2000 to exactly 15 out of 100 students in 2010.