the charts below show the result of a long term survey carried out by an environmental group into local wildlife population figures summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparison where relevant

the charts below show the result of a long-term survey carried out by an environmental group into local wildlife population figures.
summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison where relevant.

The pie chart illustrates the primary causes behind changes in the quantity of wild fauna in a local area, while the bar chart indicates these variations across various animal species. By and large, habitat destruction has been the main reason, with most species declining in population.

According to the pie chart, habitat destruction has mainly caused wildlife population changes, with the figure reaching more than four-fifths. Contamination is the second reason, accounting for 21%. Overexploitation like overhunting or overfishing and accidental factors are also the next causes, reaching 15% and 12% respectively.

As illustrated in the bar chart, various animals have seen a significant decline in their number. Particularly, butterflies and bees have suffered from a plummet to around 40% each. However, some wildlife numbers have in fact increased. The bat population has grown by 23% while the numbers of foxes and otters have reached 9% each.