The diagram below shows the manufacturing process for making sugar from sugar cane

The diagram below shows the manufacturing process for making sugar from sugar cane.

The diagram illustrates the process by which sugar is manufactured from sugar cane.

In general, altogether 8 steps can be found in this process. It covers information from planting sugar canes, purification, and extracting unwanted particles to storing sugar.

Initially, sugar cane has to be grown on the soil which normally takes 12 to 18 months. In harvesting, they are cut off either manually or by using agricultural vehicles. At this point, sugar canes are put into a machine that presses them and extracts juice.

Once we get the juice, it is cleaned first using limestone filter which is in the shape of a tunnel. It is followed by converting purified juice to syrup by heating it in an evaporator. Next, sugar crystals are separated from the syrup in a machine called centrifuge. Finally, we receive sugar and store it in a large cylindrical container to be dried and cooled.