The diagram shows the changes that have taken place at West Park Secondary School since its construction in 1950 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The diagram shows the changes that have taken place at West Park Secondary School since its construction in 1950.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

The maps illustrated how West park Secondary school has developed in 60 years since its establishment in 1950.

Overall, the school witnessed various changes, even though the recreational area did not develop as the expansion of the school building and the addition of parking space.

As the pictures show, in 1980, in the north-west side, the housing area was converted into a car park, as well as the science block, which was an additional part of a school situated next to the main building instead of a single construction in 1950. To the south of the section, farmland was transformed into a sports field catering for exercising and physical education lessons while the playground on its right remained unchanged.

30 years later, the car park extended to nearly a half area of the school. Hence, the size of the playground and the sports field had to be shrunken just in the original space of the playground to make ways for the garage.