The diagrams below show the changes that have taken place at West Park Secondary School since its construction in 1950

The diagrams below show the changes that have taken place at West Park Secondary School since its construction in 1950.

The maps display the modifications that have taken place at West Park Secondary School since its construction in 1950. In common, we can see that a school building and the main road have not changed throughout the years. The playground has hardly changed.
Firstly, the houses west of the school were removed in 1980 , instead of them were built car park and science block. Farmland, which located in south of the houses was developed into a sports field for children in 1980.
However, in 2010 the car park was increased in size and whole area of the sports field was taken up by car park. Subsequently, the large area of the playground, which situated in south of the school main building, replaced by a sports field.
In brief, the area has been developed and optimised for schools' various needs , for 60 years.