The graph below gives infimation about household car ownership in Britain from 1970 to 2010

The graph below gives infimation about household car ownership in Britain from 1970 to 2010.

The given graph delineates changes in the number of cars per British household over a period of 40 years.
Overall, it is noticeable that the percentage of households which own one or more cars rose, while the opposite was true for families without a car.
From 1970 onwards, the figure for one - car households stood at 35 % and after five years of fluctuating, this rate jumped rapidly to 55% in 1985. over the next 15 years, it constantly changed then reached a peak of 65% in 2010. On the other hand, the proportion of families had two or more car started at just over 10% before slightly falling in 1975 . Afterwards it is forecasted to gently recover to about 25% by over the course of 15 years, eventually the figure witnessed the highest point around 40%.
As illustrated, granted, the household with no car was the most common type from the late 1970s, but it immediately saw a dramatic drop from more than half to 30% only in 20 years after that. Notably, this percentage remained stable until significantly falling to roughly 15% .