The graphs below show the enrolments of overseas students and local students in Australian universities over a ten year period

The above two line graphs illustrates the enrollment of students, in Australian universities over a period of 10 years. The graph represents both international and local students, with respect to time of 10 years. In general the number of over seas student is higher, however, the commencing is below the total number.

Overseas students where comparatively less in the year 2001 with 2000 total and 1000 commencing students. Comparatively, local students at the same time where more than double around 4000 students in total and just below 2000 commencing. Furthermore in the future, eventually, the number of over seas students and local students, in the year 2007 where almost the same coming in at 6000 total students and just above 2000 commencing students.

However, the number of local students came to a halt at 2000 after the year 2007, subsequently, the number of international students never stagnated. By the year 2010 the number reached 8000, with commencing students around 4000 respectively.