IELTS Write Task 1 The table below shows the percentage of the population by age groups in one town who rode bicycles in 2011

(IELTS Write Task 1) The table below shows the percentage of the population by age groups in one town who rode bicycles in 2011

The table illustrates the proportion of men and women of one town who rode bicycles by different five age groups in 2011.

Overall, the percentage of female cyclists was higher than male cyclists. In addition, the proportion of cyclists in both genders decreased gradually according to age, except for over 60 age groups.

The percentage of women and men in the age group 0-9 who cycled was roughly similar, 51,3% and 50,3%, respectively. However, in the 10-17 age groups, the proportion of female cyclists was higher than that of men cyclists, 42,2% compared to 24,6%.

After reaching 17,1% in 18-39-year-olds, female cyclists declined to a low of 12,3% between the ages of 40 and 59. The figures of male cyclists fell from 9,7% to 8% in the 18 to 39 and 40 to 59 year-olds, respectively. Conversely, there was a slight rise in those over 60 who rode bicycles, reaching 18,5% for women compared with around 13,2% for men.