Someone that influenced you

Someone that influenced you

Throughout our lives, there is always someone or something that affects us. Somehow, they can influence our life big or small, positive or negative, and they have contributed to the nature of who we are today. And I want to tell you about someone who influenced my way of thinking a lot when I was in high school. That person is Christine Ha, a Vietnamese-American, she is the first blind person to win the top prize of the 2012 american chef king TV contest.

As far as I know about christine ha, her mother died when she was 14 years old, she was not born blind, but due to the neuritis, her eyesight began to decline at the age of 20. Not long after that, she completely lost her eyesight. Without her mother beside her and the incident of losing the light of her life at that time, she almost lost all her enthusiasm and hope in life. Fortunately, thanks to her passion and support from those around her, she decided to face her fate. Cooking was the only thing she could do at that time. She loves to cook, loves Vietnamese traditional food that her mother cooked for her when she was young and this has helped her have more energy, optimistic, and stronger- willed in life.

Initially, when participating in the american chef king competition in the first round, everyone thought that she was just a blind girl trying her luck , but with the dedication, enthusiasm, and persistent of the chef, she made simple dishes but with love and ambition, Ha has conquered the judges with her perfect taste and absolute effort. Experiencing many challenges and difficulties of the competition, she finally awarded the championship and became the american chef king season 3 in 2012.

The energy of that blind woman has kept me motivated and determined on my educational path. Specifically, in the last year of high school, the pressure of exams and studies made me exhausted and there were times when I wanted to stop. And after I got to know this woman and how she overcame adversity, I realized that I may be luckier than others and I had to work even harder to conquer my limits or at least be able to fulfill my dreams and a become a better person.