The table and charts below give information on the police budget for 2017 and 2018 in one area of Britain The table shows where the money came from and the charts show how it was distributed Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main fe

The table and charts below give information on the police budget for 2017 and 2018 in one area of Britain. The table shows where the money came from and the charts show how it was distributed.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant

The pie charts illustrates the way money was allocated on 3 different categories while the table shows sources of police budget in 2017 and 2018. Overall, it can be seen that the allocation of national government accounted for the highest in both years. Meanwhile, the money was distributed mainly for salaries.
To commence, the national government allocated more than a half of the total police budget and tended to increase from 175.5m to 177.8m pounds. Likewise, the local taxes and other sources also witnessed the modest increase by 11.1m and 0.5m respectively.
Regarding of the pie charts, it is evident that salaries still dominated the police budget in spite of a slight fall of 6 percent. The opposite was true for technology, the allocation on this category recorded a moderate increase of 6 percent. Simultaneously, the money was spent on buildings and transport remained intact over the period.