the table below gives information about the use of different modes of transport in Shanghai in 1996 and on possible projection high motorization scenario for their use in 2020 Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make

the table below gives information about the use of different modes of transport in Shanghai in 1996, and on possible projection (high motorization scenario) for their use in 2020.
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

The data about the transport utilization of various types in Shanghai is projected to change in the period between 1996 and 2020.

Overall, while cars are expected to be the most common mode of transportation; walking, bicycle, scooter, and bus use are likely to experience a significant decline.

Looking at the data, walking and scooters are anticipated to decrease by about a half, from 7% to 3% and from 12% to 7% respectively. Bus usage was dominant above others in 1996, but it is predicted to fall about nearly a half in 2020. Additionally, bicycles will also plummet a ninth as it was with only 3% and equal the proportion of pedestrians in the future.

Although cars constituted a small percentage, they are likely to make up the majority and dominate the Shanghai commute. Finally, trains, which were not in use in 1996, will appear and account for a noticable figure of 12%.