The Table below shows the results of a survey that asked 6800 Scottish adults aged 16 years and over whether they had taken part in different cultural activities in the past 12 months Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features

The Table below shows the results of a survey that asked 6800 Scottish adults (aged 16 years and over) whether they had taken part in different cultural activities in the past 12 months. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The table gives information about the percentage of different age group participating in cultural activities over the last 12 months.

It can be seen that any performance including dancing, singing, playing musical instruments and acting had the highest level of participation. Conversely, computer based activities got the lowest amount of participants over the period.

People who aged between 16 and 24 years old participated more than any other groups in most of the activities. They mostly took part in any performance and writing, with the percentage of 35% and 30%, respectively. However, only 11% who joined crafting and cultural purchases, which were also the lowest of all groups.

The proportion of participants who aged between 25 and 74 years old were pretty similar in all activities. However, the number of people taken part in any writing and computer based activities were significantly lower, with less than 10% of people joined in those activities.