The table shows the data on the proportion of schoolboys in two separate age groups who took part in playing 5 kinds of sport in the UK in the year 2010 Overall more schoolboys aged 6 11 years old are interested in playing sports than them in the older gr

The table shows the data on the proportion of schoolboys in two separate age groups who took part in playing 5 kinds of sport in the UK in the year 2010.
Overall, more schoolboys aged 6 -11 years old are interested in playing sports than them in the older group. In addition, football is the most favourite sport in both groups.
As can be seen, the percentage for football was highest out of the five mentioned sports, which accounted for 87% of boys 6 – 11 and 78% of boys 12 – 16. The cricket ranked second among 5 different sports. The figure for boys between 6 – 11 years old who played cricket was exactly 45%, while this percentage for boys 12 – 16 was slightly lower, at 34%.
It is interesting that, the UK saw an equal proportion in both groups who spent their time for swimming, at 19%. However, only in rugby, the percentage for schoolboys involved in this activity in both groups had the similar figure, at 23% and 21% respectively