The table shows the number of people in Canada in each earning level

The table shows the number of people in Canada in each earning level.

Presented is the table comparing the number of Canadians in different income levels over a four-year period, from 2005 to 2009.
From an overall perspective, the population with high income was smaller compared to those who earned less over the researched timescale. It is also noticeable that while the number of citizens earning $20,000 or above increased overall, the reverse trend was recorded for people with a salary of $20,000 or less.
In 2005, nearly 10 million individuals made less than $20,000 a year, followed by approximately 9 million earning from $20,000 to $50,000. While the former declined sharply by roughly 2 million people, the latter went up considerably to a peak of just under 10 million in 2006. Figures then witnessed a small oscillation for the final three years.
Ranking fourth in the chart at first, the number of Canadians with a salary ranging from $50,000 to $100,000 rocketed to over 7 million after a year and continued to rise by then. Similarly, the figure for those earning $20,000 to $50,000 also ascent steadily to finish at the top of the diagram in the final year. The figure for citizens making over $150,000 a year, however, remained at the bottom of the graph, although there was a mild growth.