UK and Ashby percentages of occupation

UK and Ashby percentages of occupation

The two pie charts compare the job distribution of the 23 – 65 age group between Ashby and the UK in 2008.

It is noticeable that personal services are the most prevalent occupation within Ashby, whereas office work is the case for the whole UK. Additionally, while professional work makes up the least proportion in Ashby, in UK the figures for construction employees and the unemployed are the smallest ones.

In Ashby, the percentage of personal services occupation came in first at 21%, followed by the office work taking up 18%. On the other hand, office workers are the largest compound in the UK workforce (19%). Personal service and technical workers both came in second at the equal percentages of 17%.

The figures for construction work, shop work and the unemployed in Ashby were considerable, ranging from 14 – 16%. Professional work is the least popular for Ashby residents, constituting merely 8% of the workforce. Finally, construction workers and people with no job in the UK as a whole were both at 10%.