You should spend 20 minutes on this task The graph below shows trends in US meat and poultry consumption Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant Write at least 150 words

You should spend 20 minutes on this task.
The graph below shows trends in US meat and poultry consumption.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words.

The given line graph illustrates how much pounds of beef, pork, broilers and turkey were consumed in US from 1955 to 2012.

Overall, beef was the most popular type of meat in the US. While broilers rose significantly and surpassed beef in 2012.

In 1955, started at 60, the consumption of beef saw an increase and peaked at 90 pounds in 1976, whereas, pork consumption fluctuated between 50 and 40 pounds. Having the same trend of beef, there was a surge from 15 to 25 pounds in the amount of broilers consumed between 1961 and 1976, however, the consumption of turkey rose slightly and remained under 10 pounds.

From 1976 to 2012, beef consumption saw an opposite trend and dropped to the beginning level in 1955, while broilers was consumed double times and ranked at the first place in 2012. By contrast, there were no significant changes in the amount of pork and turkey consumption.