The table below shows the number and percentage of sentenced male and female offenders in South African prisons between 2010 and 2014

The table below shows the number and percentage of sentenced male and female offenders in South African prisons between 2010 and 2014.

The given table compares two genders in terms of convicted criminal in South Africa over a 4-year timescale
Overall, what stands out from the chart is that whilst the proportion of female inmates in 2013 was the highest, the reverse was true for males in the same year, which ended last. Another noteworthy point is the wild variations in the sum of inmates of the first three years over the given timescale.
A closer look at the graph reveals that in 2014 the total of detainees ranked first reaching its peak at 1048 females and 2867 males inmates, followed by the year 2011 ranking second while experiencing a noticeably uptick of around 200 individuals.
Regarding the rest of the timescale, though sharing a same leveled off trend with roughly 73.4 percent of male prisoners and 26.6 percent of females prisoners, there are still some minimal soars in the sum of inmates throughout a 3 years timespan.