You are working for a company You need to take some time off work and want to ask your manager about this Write a letter to your manager In your letter explain why you want to take time off work give details of the amount of time you need suggest how your

You are working for a company. You need to take some time off work and want to ask
your manager about this.
Write a letter to your manager. In your letter
● explain why you want to take time off work
● give details of the amount of time you need
● suggest how your work could be covered while you are away.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter to request for some time off work in January.

I would like to have some days off to visit my country – Vietnam to celebrate the Lunar New Year – Tet holiday. It is one of the most important traditions for Vietnamese people; however, I have not celebrated it for the last 3 years. Therefore, I really hope I will be able to enjoy this tradition with my family this year.

It would be great if I can take a 3-week vacation from 3 January to 25 January. Tet holiday will last for 1 week, so I can spend the other 2 weeks visiting my relatives in different cities, meeting some old friends and travelling around.

In order to cover my work during I am away, I will work 1-hour extra every day to make sure the urgent issues are resolved before I leave. Also, I will instruct my co-workers and advise them of all the issues they need to catch up with. I can check my mailbox during my vacation as well in case something happens.

Yours sincerely,

Mai Trinh