You recently read an article in newspaper about someone you know personally You found some information is wrong Write a letter to the editor to inform him about it Use the following points What is the article about What is the error What you expect an edi

You recently read an article in newspaper about someone you know personally. You found some information is wrong. Write a letter to the editor to inform him about it. Use the following points
• What is the article about?
• What is the error?
• What you expect an editor to do

Dear Mr Wayne,

I am writing with regards to the article published on your newspaper on Sunday, 7th of May 2020 about Neil Warnock. Some information in the article are not correct and will need to be regularized.

“Neil Warnock – A True Symbol of Democracy” is the title of the article written by Deinde Amosu. The article was to eulogize Neil Warnock considering his contribution to our democracy. It is a three page article on pages thirty three to thirty five.

Three important errors were made with the first being his year of birth; 1985 instead of 1984. Secondly, he studied Chemistry at the university and not Physics as published by the writer. Lastly, he was said to have held political position at the university which is not true as Neil was known to be apolitical.

In journalism, it is expected that information be verified and edited before being published. Neil wrote a book where he gave details of his personal life. I expected you to have consulted this book which is readily available before the article was published to avoid misinforming the public.

I hope this errors get corrected as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,

Jerry Tom