A government’s role is only to provide defence capability and urban infrastructure (road, water supplies, etc.). All other services ( education, health, social security) should be provided by private groups or individuals in the community.Give reasons for

A government’s role is only to provide defence capability and urban infrastructure (road, water supplies, etc.). All other services ( education, health, social security) should be provided by private groups or individuals in the community.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

A government can only provide a limited range services for citizens. However, there are certain basic types services must provided by government. While government can share responsibility to private groups or communities to provide other services.

Defence capability and urban infrastructure such as road, water supplies are example of basic services carried out by goverment.Whereas other services such as education, health, social security become things of private groups done. Cooperation between goverment and private groups or individuals in the community are needed to enhance a city development.

Social security and defence capability are essential services that goverment have to provide. Private groups should not take part of those services. But there are several types of services both government and private enterprise can do together. For example, Education, health and social security must provided by goverment for free or subsidized and private enterprise could also provide these services for those who will pay it.

Urban infrastructure is another services area both government and private groups could share responsibility. Goverment must build and maintain the transportation system but the rail, and building can be built by private contractors. The vehicles also could provided by private enterprise. Similarly, other infrastructures such as water and electricity suply of city also can operated by private companies.

In conclusion, It is not true that Goverment’s role is only provide basic citizen services. Both of government and private enterprise could share responsibilties to provide basic and other services. Thus, private communities and individual could receive profit in the other hand goverment’s load development would decrease.