Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.To what extent do you agree or disagree?What other measures do you think might be effective?

Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
What other measures do you think might be effective?

Traffic congestion and pollution have been becoming common problems in some countries. Government has been blamed as the one who should take responsibility on these problems. One of many ways that has been taken to solve these problems is that increasing the price of petrol. As far as I am concerned, even this regulation has impact in reducing growing traffic and pollution, however, it is not the best solution. In addition, there are some other solutions that government can do to solve these problems.

Looking at the solution that raising the price of petrol has been applied in some countries, it seems there is no significant change in number of growing traffic and pollution problems. Even people think twice before using their cars, but they still use it to go to office and travel around the city. Therefore, government should prepare another regulations for these problems.

In my personal opinion, some solutions that can be done by government are improving public transportation networks and educating the citizens about the effect of growing traffic and pollution. It is believed that these solutions will be more effective than increasing some costs related to the using a car. In the following paragraphs, this essay will illustrate how the solutions work.

As has been known that people prefer to travel by using their private cars because they cannot find a safe and convenient way to travel. Even though government has launched several regulations to against the owner of cars, it does not work effectively if government does not provide a good public transportation system and educate the citizens why they have to use public transportation. By educating the citizens, it will aware them about the effect of pollution and they will leave their own cars in their home. When they decide to do this, government has been ready to provide the good public transportation. It is clear that a good public transportation and knowledge about how important using this for the future will attract people to move from private cars to public transport.