It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents for eg sport or music and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become good sports person or musicianDiscuss both views and give your opinio

It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents for eg sport or music and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become good sports person or musician
Discuss both views and give your opinion.

It would not be untrue to say that lucky are those individuals who are born with a talent. Be it a talent of playing music or being good at sports, these gifts are something not everyone is blessed with.

If a person is born with a gift of something special, it is natural that he would have to work less hard in order to achieve greatness in that field. Many sportsmen and musicians who are excelling in their respective fields are actually gifted individuals who, with little amount of help and practicing have earned so much fame in that field. It is also said that talent runs in the family and is inherited and transferred from one generation to another. A famous rockstar would not have earned this much fame if he is compelled to play football because he doesn’t have the gift for it.

Having said that, I also agree that a person can be made to learn different kinds of stuff. He can taught to play guitar or do stunts with football. This way he would learn a lot but would not excel in that field. Also he would have to work a lot more harder in order to reach the same level as gifted individuals achieved with only little bit of practice. Success demands two things: Talent and hardwork. If you are lacking in the former, you have to compensate it with the latter variable.

In my personal opinion, talented and gifted individuals have a great blessing, of which they should be really grateful. Just like you cant teach a monkey how to swim, or a fish to climb a tree. Similarly you cant teach talent. It is innate.