It is quite common for both parents in a family to work. Sometimes this is because they need two salaries to survive whereas at other times it is their choice.What problems do you see in this situation? How does this affect the children and family life?

It is quite common for both parents in a family to work. Sometimes this is because they need two salaries to survive whereas at other times it is their choice.

What problems do you see in this situation? How does this affect the children and family life?

Both parents in a family working based on the circumstances for their family survival are familiar situations we see. I would agree with the fact reason being, in order to provide their children with better quality of life and, social circumstances. Nevertheless, they should be able to maintain right balance in their personal and professional life.

Based on the predominant increase of living cost and socio-economic needs, it is must for an average family parents to work in order to provide qualitative life to their children and save for their future requirements such as schooling and secured future. It is well known fact that the price of the basic amenities have been growing in exponential mode, whereas the salaries have been in linear growth which draw a great gap in meeting the basic needs over a period of time.

Nevertheless, on the other side of this aspect if the family could lead a comfortable life with the income of single parent, it would be a good option for the other parent in the family to look after the whereabouts of the children. Such as helping, them with their academics and inculcating good habits to grew as good human beings. This will help the family in maintaining a healthy balance of work and professional life, when compared to the option of both parents in the family working.

I would strongly agree with the option of both parents working based on the aspect of providing their children with better quality of life. However, I would strongly encourage a better planning of work-life balance should be maintained.