Many old buildings protected by law are part of a nation’s history. Some people think they should be knocked down and replaced by news ones.How important is it to maintain old buildings?Should history stand in the way of progress?

Many old buildings protected by law are part of a nation’s history. Some people think they should be knocked down and replaced by news ones.
How important is it to maintain old buildings?

Should history stand in the way of progress?

While convincing argument can be made both in favour as well as opposite to it. But, it is my inveterate conviction that people should preserve the historic buildings. For several reasons that I will mention bellow I agree with those people who want to preserve old, historical buildings.

Firstly, people have to preserve the buildings we can tell our future generation and to our children's about the history and stories behind the building and people need to know about the customs and traditions which are priceless and irreplaceable. For instance, Golkonda Killa is very prominent in Hyderabad city and a lot of history was there behind the killa and infrastructure is sumptuous and incomparable.

Secondly, By preserving historic monuments we can attract the tourists.Welcoming tourists can get many benefits either in money or becoming famous tourist place. For example, there are 7 wonders in the world among them Taj Mahal is the 7th wonder and it is located in Agra city. Now, it is favourite tourist for every one.

Finally, if the tourist visit frequently then we can get many benefits. Business will start rose in the city and also development will start like constructing Hotels,shopping and cine Malls, schools,colleges etc., if the city become eminent then, Many MNC's and other famous companies additionally factories growth will soared and job opportunities will hike for every one. All this is good for economy of the city.

Inspite of the above valid concern, I nevertheless am of the opinion that the benefits outweigh the negatives and thus, preserving the historic building can gain profit for the people.In addition there will be growth in the economy also.