Popular events like the football World Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential ineasing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Popular events like the football World Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in
easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Global events such as world cup football and other international sporting occasions are very popular among the public. Some people oppose these events whereas I believe that such events definitely help to ease international tensions and even aid to release patriotic emotions in a safe manner. The argument will be analyzed in the following paragraphs.

Firstly, the match between two teams from different countries bring the two countries to a common platform. It is often seen that high officials from each country come to see the match and support their country. Any kind of misunderstandings between two countries could be solved in a peaceful manner in such events.

Another striking feature of such global events is that patriotic emotions are expressed in a safe way. It is a well known fact that every citizen of their country has strong passion for their nation. Such events provide a great opportunity for the citizens to show love and respect for the nation. Furthermore, any kinds of hatred between two people cease and are often united to support their nation. For example, whenever there is a cricket match between my country Nepal and other countries, a large crowd often voice for the same slogan: "Nepal...............Nepal."

On the other hand, there are some people who argue that such events result in more tension between two countries. The main reason they put forth is that fans from two opponent countries clash with each other and exacerbate the situation. This is true but such tragic events could be well managed by organizers with tight security.

In conclusion, global events are very much essential and a great help to diminish the international tensions as well as to express patriotic emotions. However, there are some drawbacks of such events but these could be managed wisely.

the match between two teams from different countries bring the two countries to a common platform
the match ... brings the two countries to a common platform

global events are very much essential
global events are very essential