Some people believe the aim of university education is to help graduates get better jobs. Others believe there are much wider benefits of university education for both individuals and society.Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Some people believe the aim of university education is to help graduates get better jobs. Others believe there are much wider benefits of university education for both individuals and society.
Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Nowadays, university education has become more accessible. However, there is no consensus about the aim of university education in people´s life. For some, the graduation can guarantee a better job, while for others, university education has more benefits, not only to the student but also for the society. This essay will discuss both views and, as a conclusion, will explain why university education is important in people´s life.

Firstly, the aim of university is to prepare students to a profession. This means that students will learn in university the main subjects of the chosen occupation. Therewith, they will be better prepared to execute those activities and, as a consequence, will occupy better positions. However, the degree itself is not a guarantee that the student will have a good job. Finally, the graduates should develop other qualities within the university.

As previously stated, not only the university should prepare students in technical fields, but it also should help them in many ways. The life in a university brings responsibilities and some difficulties that help the personal improvement. Students need to learn how to live with different people, work in groups and also, have to live without their parents. Furthermore, it can make people better citizens which will make a difference in society.

In conclusion, having a university education brings wider benefits to people and not only the chance of having a better job. Furthermore, students will learn how to live with different people and cultures, besides of having responsibilities and independence which are valuable to people's life.