Some people think that schools should reward students who show best academic results, while others believe that it is more important to reward students who show improvements. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

Rewarding students is a common way used by schools to encourage learners. However, some people approve the opinion that students with good learning results should be rewarded, where as others believe that improvements are much more important.

Traditionally, most of schools give students award when they achieve high score. The academic year of students usually ends with exams or assignments, and they will be marked to decide whether the students could be able to pass or not. The result of these evaluations would be considered as a major category to allocate scholarship or title such as ‘Student of the year’.

In some cases, several students may not get the highest cores or are in the list of top students of school, but the leaning results show their huge efforts. For example, a student may start a term with no understanding of a certain subject, however, he always tries to complete all the given tasks of the lecturers, learn from friends and do a great deal of extra reading. He finally could get a decent result. These students should be recognized be the schools to encourage them as well as other students.

From my perspective, students should be rewarded when they display their highest score among others. Grades are the best way to evaluate student’s learning process. In order to get the high score, all students have different methods to follow. The improvements may be different from these to those; however, the final results are always the basic way to award someone.

In conclusion, there are various opinions of rewarding students, basing either on their academic performance or improvements. Personally, the leaning results should be investigated as a factor of rewarding learners.