Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills neededin the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the course

Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills neededin the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the course is useful to an employer. What, in your opinion, should be the main function of a university?

People believe that graduates from universities should be given the knowledge and skills for their career. While others believe that the primary function of a university to provide alumni with the knowledge in spite the course is helpful for company, i do believe that universities have functions to prepare their graduates to deal with challenges in their workplace, whether the course is useful to company.

On the one hand, universities should provide their graduates with the knowledge and skills for their job due to some reasons. For instance, the fresh graduate students which are completed their study have to dealing the challenges in their workplace. Then how to encounter it? As we know there are a lot of problems in the company and the way to resolve the problem is to have a great knowledge and skills. However, having a proper skills and knowledge are needed time to learn it all, that is why universities play role to prepare their alumni encounter the problems in the workplace.

On the other hand, as the main function, university should give students that have been graduated a course, in order to help alumni works in their cimpany. For example, firstly, alumni have to give a course such as administration, knowledge about administration can lead graduates to become a good employee, as we know, all companies require administrator to operate the company. However, administration is not the only one course, but also the knowledge of communication is needed to support graduates communicate with other staffs and the manager of the company.

In conclusion, I believe that universities should provide their alumni skills and knowledge to support their career, however, i also believe that universities should be given courses such as administration and communication before their work whether those are useful or not in their workplace. It is imperative that universities have to have a programme to prepare their alumni encounter work life.