Genetic engineering is an important issue in society today Some people think that it will improve people s lives in many ways Others feel that it may be a threat to life on earth Discuss both these views and give your own opinion

Genetic engineering is an important issue in society today. Some people think that it will improve people’s lives in many ways. Others feel that it may be a threat to life on earth. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Manipulating genetics has emerged as a profound technological advance these days. This state-of-the-art field holds immense potential in numerous ways, from enhancing crop yields to medical treatment. However, it also raises some long-term concerns and hidden risks that may thoroughly impact human society. This essay will delve into both perspectives and present an informed opinion on this matter.

Proponents of genetic engineering may argue that it holds the key to addressing some of the most humanity’s pressing challenges. Regarding the agriculture fields, some types of crops may be genetically modified with a view to withstanding harsh environmental conditions as well as pest, thus increasing yields and ensuring food security for upcoming famine. (Nhờ việc kết hợp những đặc điểm có lợi của các loài, những thực phẩm biến đổi gen sẽ khỏe hơn, từ đó chống chịu…) Moreover, genetic modifications can intensify the number of nutritions encompassed in crops, thereby combating against vitamin deficiencies and alleviate allergy. Genetic engineering also plays an indispensable role in medicine fields. By modifying or correcting the faulty genes, scientists can develop therapies for some diseases which are unsolvable with conventional treatments. This will hold great promise to those who have been suffering from terminal illnesses, offering them another chance to live a healthier life. Throughout the issues provided, genetic engineering would be indispensable.

Despite the advantages that genetics engineering might bring back, conversely, some critics express concerns about the lack of long-term data for this new advancement. As manipulated genetics has just recently been invented, it could be such a difficult problem to predict how this invention will affect humanity's well-being. It would take years or even decades to accumulate comprehensive data on potential health as well as horticulture, thus, this will encounter numerous hidden risks when applying this method into human’s daily life.

In my personal standpoint, although I concur that genetics engineering might offer us remarkable opportunities, it would be crucial to approach it with caution. The potential benefits of it are undeniable, from improving husbandry productivity to innovative medical treatments; however, it should acknowledge the uncertainties and hidden risks. More research needs to take place in order to broaden the knowledge about this method.

To conclude, genetic manipulation could be a dual-side sword, embodying both merits and demerits. Its potential in revolutionizing agriculture and medicine cannot be underestimated, yet its long-term data still require more thorough research in order to fully apply this method into daily life like I had aforementioned.