As languages such as English Spanish and Mandarin become more widely spoken there is a fear that many minority languages may die out Some countries have taken steps to protect minority languages

As languages such as English, Spanish and Mandarin become more widely spoken, there is a fear that many minority languages may die out. Some countries have taken steps to protect minority languages.

Nowadays, the languages have classified into major and minor. Major languages are widely used and commonly spoken around the world. To protecting the minor language from extinction, the world requires to taken a certain step.

As the time goes by, English preferred population increases while other language speaking population decreases. This could be seen as the population preference movement towards to the major language by ignoring other minor languages. For example, French, Spanish and Chinese are the next preferred language to learn by most of population in the world. Protecting the minor language is a growing concern for the whole world.

I personally believe that, the language is following by the country’s culture, value, ethics and morals. Learning a new language is not only a language but also understanding the culture, ethics and morals of that country. It could be seen from people who have an ability of bi-language. Someone who speaks bilingual in English and Korean, for example, will behave differently according to which language they speak. Like this, person will learn the language as well as their cultures. An increase population in learning of the major language would lead to fade of other languages. This consequence rises in concern for most countries which areas spoken the minor language and it is important to take an appropriate step to protect its language.

To protect other languages from the extinction, some countries have taken a step. For example, in Australia, the government has had set up the indigenous building as well as has a campaign to learn Aboriginal’s languages. Also, Australian government has made the Aboriginal’s arts into a marketing object in order to publish their existence to the world. Other countries might have taken a step that might different from Australia to protect its minor language.

Even though some major languages are convenient to use as are commonly spoken in the world, people should consider about the importance of the existence of the minor language.